Jannah Theme License is not validated, Go to the theme options page to validate the license, You need a single license for each domain name.

don’t let your dog swim in green water

Image from an article titled Don't let your dog swim in green water

Photo: Lilya Kurianionak (shutter stock)

If your puppy likes to swim and splash in ponds, watch out if one of his favorite water fountains suddenly looks green or smells weird. During this time, microscopic organisms called cyanobacteria “bloom” and can produce chemicals that are toxic to animals and humans.

This poses a higher risk for dogs than for humans. Because not many people see a dirty and smelly lake and immediately decide to jump in (or eat the dead fish they find there for that). Toxins are most dangerous when swallowed, so if your puppy swallows pond water or licks his fur after being outside, he may be ingesting toxins.

Where do cyanobacterial blooms occur?

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, bloom occurred in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. They form in warm, slow-moving water, so think ponds and swamps rather than rapid-flowing rivers. water source.Tank overflow tends to play a role.

there is other kinds of flowersBy the way, these can be toxic, including those caused by dinoflagellates and diatoms. likewise. Cyanobacterial blooms occur most frequently in fresh water, but toxic blooms can also occur in salt and brackish waters.

(Nerd Fact: Cyanobacteria used to be called “cyanobacteria” because they photosynthesize and are microscopic like algae. However, algae are technically plants, not cyanobacteria. Bacteria are not.)

How do you know if water is toxic?

It’s not as simple as looking at the color, but the appearance of the water can be a big clue (especially if the water is usually clear but has changed recently). CDC To tell Look for algae bubbles, scum, or mats and make sure some flowers look like spilled paint. Also, sometimes the water smells like gasoline or rotten eggs.

However, toxic blooms may not be apparent, especially when algae form mats below the surface. Pay attention to warnings from your local health department and any warnings that may be posted near the lake. California has a map of known algal bloom locations. Harmful Algae Bloom Portal.

What happens when a dog swims in water?

first take them out, took a shower away from the lake off.This is also true for humansToxins can be harmed by skin contact or by inhaling small droplets. I have. So wash everything off as soon as possible.

If you are concerned that your pet may have swallowed toxic water but has not yet shown symptoms, consider calling your veterinarian or the ASPCA Pet Poisoning Control Hotline at (888) 426-4435. please give me. (This is a paid service; veterinarians are free to answer questions.) Human help is available through the regular poison control hotline at 1-800-222-1222 or their websiteIf you or your pet already have symptoms, skip the hotline and seek medical attention.

You and your pet may vomit or have diarrhea. In particular, watch out for neurological symptoms such as dizziness, weakness, and stumbling. Pets may also exhibit excessive salivation and convulsions. (If you are in the water, You may also notice headaches and stomach pains. Seek care for yourself..)

If you notice any of these signs, see your veterinarian immediately and remember to tell them that your pet recently swam.This is CDC’s Veterinarian’s GuideNote, however, that there are no tests or general treatments for cyanobacterial poisoning. If your veterinarian can confirm that a specific toxin is involved, there are medications that may help.

don’t let your dog swim in green water

Source link don’t let your dog swim in green water

Related Articles

Back to top button
slot gacor