- The completely redesigned second-generation Niro is available in all-electric vehicle (BEV), plug-in hybrid (PHEV) and hybrid (HEV) configurations, furthering Kia’s Plan S electrification initiative .
- All-new exterior and interior styling incorporating the Habanilo concept and ‘Opposites United’ design philosophy
- Niro EV starts in the mid-$40,000s
- The Niro EV will be available for pre-order in limited numbers on October 11th.th
- Arrival at dealers Spring 2023
TORONTO, Oct. 03, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Today, Kia Canada unveils the full specifications of the all-new 2023 Niro, the brand’s fourth vehicle to launch under its Plan S strategy. The next generation of his Niro was designed from the ground up to meet and exceed the expectations of environmentally conscious consumers. With striking styling cues and a commitment to sustainability and connectivity, his 2023 Niro will launch in Canada in spring 2023 and will have three highly efficient electric powertrains. .
Elias El-Achhab, Chief Operating Officer of Kia Canada, said: “We are thrilled to build this on the second generation of his Niro, which continues to offer the Canadian a variety of powertrain options, extended range and sustainability through materials and technology.”
First launched in Canada in 2016, the Niro was Kia’s first fully green vehicle offered exclusively as a hybrid, later available as a plug-in hybrid (2017) and pure electric (2019) compact. Offered as a crossover. Perfectly timed for the growth of this segment, Niro has been a huge success for those looking for a green car in Canada.
Raising the bar for differentiation in exterior design
Inside and out, the 2023 Niro features a bold design inspired by the ‘Joy for Reason’ philosophy of ‘Opposites United’. The choice of colours, materials and finishes is aimed at achieving the perfect balance between an eco-friendly approach to mobility and a future-oriented passenger vehicle vision. Niro embodies a sophisticated and adventurous sense of purpose, with strong influences from his HabaNiro concept launched in 2019.
Like the Kia Telluride and the recently introduced all-new Sportage, the Niro with its unmistakable headlight design is no exception. Inspired by the Heartbeat line, his futuristic DRL is nicely integrated into the brand’s signature ‘tiger nose’ on the front, extending to the hood to underscore its uniqueness. Niro EV applies his three-dimensional pattern of hexagons to the front fascia to create a futuristic, high-tech feel.
Along the sides, the Niro features black wheel arches and side garnishes, creating a visual connection from front to rear. The distinctive C-pillar is not only a design clue, but also functional. Aeroblades allow air to pass through the pillars for enhanced aerodynamics. Adding even more functionality, the dynamic wheel design minimizes aerodynamic drag and is available in 17-inch sizes on the EV model, 16 or 18-inch on the Niro HEV, and 16-inch on the PHEV.
At the rear, the styling is stable and balanced, combined with the C-pillars along the sides to create a contrasting yet harmonious overall look. The rear taillights have been simplified, taking inspiration from the Sportage’s daytime running lights, with boomerang shapes and vertically positioned LEDs to complete his Niro’s distinctive design for this second generation.
Sustainable and thoughtful design, inspiring interiors
The all-new Niro’s interior environment is modernized with a minimalist, slim design, but in contrast, with a high-tech, intuitive and user-friendly control configuration. It comes standard with a 4.2-inch Supervision Cluster combined with a display or a 10.25-inch multimedia display with an easy-to-use graphic interface. – Tasks for entertainment, navigation and personalized settings. An impressive 10.25-inch Supervision Cluster is also available (standard on HEV/EV). Combined with a 10.25-inch multimedia display, it provides customers with a display screen of approximately 21 inches.
The all-new Niro EV is also eco-friendly in the interior. The cabin is luxurious to the touch and incorporates recycled, animal-free materials. The vehicle is more spacious following a dimension upgrade, making it longer and wider for improved passenger comfort and cargo capacity.
Three powertrains to suit any lifestyle
The all-new Niro continues to be available in three different powertrains, giving you a range of options to best suit your lifestyle.
- 64.8 kWh battery and 150 kW motor with DC fast charging
- A level 3 fast charger can charge up to 80% battery in 43 minutes at full charging capacity.
- At Level 2, the battery can be charged in 6 hours and 5 minutes at full charge capacity.
- Cruising range up to 407 km (22 km more than the previous model)
- 1.6L hybrid engine with 32kW high-efficiency electric motor and 1.32kWh lithium-ion polymer battery
- 6-speed DCT
- 139 horsepower and 195 lb.-ft. of torque
- 1.6L hybrid engine with 62kW high-efficiency electric motor and 11.1kWh lithium-ion polymer battery
- 6-speed DCT
- 180 horsepower and 195 lb.-ft. of torque
- With a Level 2 charger, the battery can be charged within 3 hours.
- All electric range up to 55 km (13 km more than current model)
Future-proof technology for today’s green drivers
The second-generation Niro adopts the green zone drive mode (available on some HEV/PHEV models). Once in the green zone, EV mode is activated to maximize fuel efficiency and minimize pollution (HEV and PHEV only). The vehicle, which is new for 2023, not only uses navigation information, but also learns driving patterns when departing from an individual’s registered zones, such as home or work, and follows his directions near those points. Maximize EV mode.
The 2023 Niro, when equipped with paddle shifters, has even more environmental friendliness and includes a smart regenerative braking system. The system uses radar and road grade information to automatically control the amount of regeneration, capturing lost energy and converting it to battery power. New for 2023 includes adjustable deceleration selection between strong, medium and weak.
As seen in the recently launched 2022 EV6 and 2023 Sportage, infotainment and HVAC controls are conveniently packaged in one touchscreen with an easy-to-use toggle switch (available on select trims). increase. Niro also has an available heads-up display, available wireless smartphone charging, and an available smart power tailgate for added convenience. Digital Key to Touch, a new feature from Kia, allows drivers to unlock/lock and start the vehicle using a compatible smartphone or smartwatch, taking the ownership experience to a whole new level.
Always safe and protected – Kia’s latest safety system
The all-new Niro is packed with all of Kia’s leading edge technology in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS).Me:
- Standard Forward Collision Avoidance (FCA) with Junction Turn: Helps avoid colliding with oncoming traffic when turning left at an intersection
- Standard Driver Attention Warning (DAW)ii: Detects careless driving patterns and sends audio/visual warnings to warn the driver.
- Standard Lane Following Assist (LFA): Follows the lane markings detected by the system and provides steering maneuvers to help keep the vehicle centered in the lane.
- Standard Rear Occupant Alert (ROA): Warns the driver to check the rear seats before exiting the vehicle.
- Standard Blind Spot Collision Avoidance Assist (BCA): Under certain conditions, it detects vehicles in the next lane and helps avoid collisions with vehicles behind when changing lanes.
- Standard Safe Exist Assist (SEA)iii: Warn of vehicles approaching from behind when getting off
- Available Navigation Based Smart Cruise Control-Curve (NSCC-C): Utilizes the navigation system to actively slow the vehicle before approaching the curve.
- Available Highway Driver Assistance (HDA)iv: Uses federal highway speed limit information from your navigation system to automatically adjust your speed to stay within the speed limit and maintain a distance to previously detected vehicles under certain conditions.
- Available Parking Distance Warning (PDW) Forward/Rear: Detects certain objects in front of and behind the vehicle and emits an audible warning when an obstacle is detected. As the vehicle gets closer to the detected object, the warning tone sounds faster.
- Available Rear Cross Traffic Collision Assist (RCCA): Helps detect most vehicles and other objects approaching cross traffic when reversing. When an approaching intersection is detected, the system warns the driver and applies the brakes if necessary.
- Available Parking Collision Avoidance Assist (PCA-R): Uses a rear-view camera and rear ultrasonic sensor to detect most pedestrians or nearby obstacles when the vehicle is backing out of the parking lot and alerts with a chime. It can alert the driver and apply the brakes to prevent a collision.
- Available Remote Smart Parking Assist (RSPA): Helps park or exit a parking space remotely from outside the vehicle (EV only)
A limited number of Niro EVs will be available for pre-sale on October 11ththa $1,000 deposit is required to secure the first of this all-new model arriving in Spring 2023.
Full pricing for all powertrains is expected closer to launch date, but prices for the all-new Niro EV are expected to start in the mid-$40,000s.
Full specs are available now at authorized Kia Canada EV dealers.
For more information on 2023 Niro EVs, plug-in hybrids and HEVs, visit www.kia.ca/niro2023.
About Kia Canada
Founded in 1999, Kia Canada Inc. is a subsidiary of Kia Corporation based in Seoul, South Korea. The company employs 186 of his employees at its headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario, across Canada and at a branch office in Montreal, Quebec. Through a nationwide network of 197 dealers, Kia offers award-winning, dynamic, stylish and innovative products and meaningful, convenient service. The company’s brand His slogan, “Movement that inspires,” reflects his Kia desire to create spaces for you to get inspired and spend more time bringing your ideas to life. increase. For more information, please visit the following URL: kia.ca Also Facebook, LinkedIn, twitter When Instagram.
For media-related inquiries, please contact [email protected].
Me These features are not a substitute for safe driving and may not detect all objects around the vehicle. Always drive safely and be careful.
ii Driver Attention Warning is not a substitute for safe driving and cannot detect every instance of driver fatigue or careless driving behavior. You can lose control of your vehicle if you do not pay attention to your driving conditions and vehicle handling. Always drive safely and be careful.
iii Safe Exit Assist is not a substitute for caution and may not detect all objects around the vehicle. Always be aware of traffic and your surroundings when exiting your vehicle.
iv Highway Driving Assist is not a substitute for safe driving, does not detect all objects around your vehicle, and works only on certain federal highways. Always drive safely and be careful.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/2077aab5-f489-4bff-aa71-ded31f227e0c.
Kia Canada Unveils Second Generation 2023 Niro, The Canadian Business Journal
Source link Kia Canada Unveils Second Generation 2023 Niro, The Canadian Business Journal