Bed bugs are the most common pest to infest a human dwelling. They are known for their ability to survive in any environment and lay eggs in a wide range of places. Bed bugs are also able to spread through an infested home quickly, and they have been known to cause severe allergic reactions. Their bites can also lead to skin rashes, dermatitis, or even anaphylaxis.
Bed bugs are dangerous because they feed on human blood, which means that people are at risk of contracting diseases such as hepatitis C and HIV from bed bugs. They also cause a lot of discomfort for their victims because they bite the victim’s skin and release an enzyme into the skin that causes swelling, redness, and itching.
What are Bed Bugs and How Do They Spread?
Bed bugs are small and oval shaped with a flat body, wingless, and usually reddish-brown in color. They have rectangular heads that are much smaller than their bodies. The size can vary from 1/4 to 1-inch long. Bed bugs can be found in mattresses, bed frames, box springs, upholstered furniture, inside cracks and crevices of walls or floors, behind wallpaper or loose wallpaper edges and even in clutter on counters or shelves.
Bed bugs have been around for centuries but have only recently become a public health issue because of the increase in international travel. They spread through contact with the human body and can live for up to 18 months without feeding.
How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs for Good
It is important to know how to get rid of bedbugs so that they won’t be a problem for you anymore. There are different ways to get rid of bedbugs, but the most recommended way is by using pesticides and other chemicals that can kill them. Furthermore, here are some of the best ways to get rid of bed bugs for good.
- Identifying the infected areas – Identifying the problem is an essential way to know where they produce. You can check the seams of your mattresses or cracks of your bed frame.
- Contain the bed bugs – To contain the pests, you can use traps and pesticides and apply it to the surface of their home. You can also vacuum around the area and remove your beddings.
- Killing the bed bugs –Bed bug heat treatment is an effective method that kills all stages of the bugs without any chemicals or pesticides. It uses heat from a dryer or steamer to kill the bugs and their eggs. You can also use a bug bomb or a desiccant.
- Monitor the affected areas – The infestation can last a week or a month. Make sure that that the treatment is working by monitoring the area.
- Consider a bed bug heat treatment – To save you some time and major damages, hiring a bed bug heat treatment service might be the best option. Bed bug heat treatment process will require 2-3 rounds, so make sure that you get an outstanding service.
Pest Control Plus is dedicated on delivering the best bed bug heat treatment process in Toronto, Canada. They have the finest and quality pest management services with a large team of licensed technicians.