Drop-cut shirt’s design has grown into something more than just a lifestyle style; people now really love the style and embrace the drop-cut because of its ever changing trends and ability to be versatile in terms of outfit choices and occasions. It’s no surprise that drop cut shirts have been spotted on the runway and most recently on Instagram influencers. They are becoming less of a trend, but more of an everyday-wear piece, as people are constantly finding new ways to wear one.
Drawback of wearing drop cut shirts:
- They’re a combination of different fabrics, so they aren’t very warm in colder temperatures.
- The sleeves tend to get in the way when you’re reaching out far away or sitting at your desk.
- The sleeves are usually too long and can’t be rolled up anymore because it may ruin the design of the shirt itself.
- It may take up more room than you want for a comfortable fit.
- They are baggier and can make you look like you’re swimming in your clothes, which might not be the most flattering look.
Drop Cut Shirts Hacks Only the Pros Know:
- Drop cut shirts are usually slightly see through, but there’s a trick to wearing one without ruining the outfit: hand wash them or separate them into two separate pieces. This will make the shirt not see through when paired with a long tank top or a low cut top.
- It’s quite important to add extra layering underneath so that you don’t feel like your arms are going to fall off at any moment. Layers should be light and be structured because the shirt tends to not layer well on its own.
- To prevent extra layering underneath, there is quite a bit of variation in how tight each shirt should fit at first. You should start by wearing one that fits loosely and adjust from there depending on what you desire for your style of clothing.
Drop Cut Shirts: Dos and Don’ts
- If you’re planning on wearing drop-cut shirts to your job, it’s best not to wear your favorite baggy pants. Professional attire needs to be tightly fitted and look clean.
- You don’t want to feel like you have extra room in the pants while wearing a drop-cut shirt either because it will make you look overly baggy and uncomfortable.
- Don’t put your sunglasses on when wearing a drop-cut shirt underneath, because it may ruin the whole look of your outfit.
- Wearing dark colors with drop-cut shirts may make you stand out too much. It’s best to wear light colors and underneath that, a long tank top to avoid this.
- Don’t wear low cut tops with drop-cut shirts because they will cover up the design at the back of your shirt and make you look like you’re wearing two separate pieces of clothing instead of one.
Drop cut shirts are becoming a new phenomenon in today’s era of fashion, and it’s important to learn how to wear them properly. They are not like any other normal shirt, and they’re easily one of the most unique shirts you can find. You should also keep in mind that drop cut shirts are not for everyone. There is a certain style that goes along with wearing this shirt, so if you’re looking for a way of changing up your wardrobe or wanting to try something new, then the drop-cut shirt is definitely a staple item you need in your closet.