The free agency isn’t in progress yet, and there have already been two stunning league rattle announcements.
Shortly after the 8 pm ET, there was news that Johnny Gaudreau had informed Calgary Flames that he would test a free agent. Asked if Winger could return to southern Alberta, GMBrad Treliving replied that he didn’t expect it to happen.
Emotional Treliving accepted that it was a family decision and did not disturb him to be graceful. (One source described the call to Godrow’s team as “brutal for everyone.”) But I think Flames thought they were close. One executive says his team heard an eight-year contract at AAV. It was done shortly before we knew it went in the opposite direction.
Three hours later, the inbox beeped on the Pittsburgh Penguins media release. This is an announcement of Evgeni Malkin’s four-year extension of $ 24.4 million. It was 29 hours since he first showed that he was going to the market.
Malkin’s contract was consistent with what was proposed in the discussion the day before, but was upset by his complete frustration in the process. An important part of the reversal, according to sources, was to breathe, cool down and rethink the proud, fiery future Hall of Fame. It’s not a way for Sidney Crosby to publicly comment on the move on the roster, but I hope that one day he will give us a glimpse of the role he played.
Therefore, it only takes a few hours for the bell to ring, and there are a few things to keep in mind.
• All eyes are looking at Godrow’s New Jersey and Philadelphia. Flyers have shown that James van Reamsdik will not be traded because he is not willing to pay the cost of moving the cap hit. According to one source, it was similar to what Toronto sent to Carolina to win Patrick Marlow in 2019 (the first draft topic). The team prefers the Philadelphia 2023 pick over the Florida 2024 selection they won for Claud Giroud.
Assuming the Flyers stick to that philosophy, it’s hard to find a way to Godrow — except for another big move. If they are in, they are slow playing this hand. They are also believed to be interested in Dylan Strom.
New Jersey was named on many lips on Tuesday night. If you are an islander, you will be surprised. Let’s see what Wednesday brings.
• When Malkin returns to Pittsburgh, look for Vincent Trochek in Manhattan. That seems to be his best fit.
• Florida and Ottawa continue to be Giroud’s leaders, with Carolina lurking.
• Colorado may be attractive. Avalanche says he wants to find a way to maintain Nazem Kadri. It seems impossible without major surgery, but they are trying. Kadori receives the first offer on Wednesday and goes from there.
You can go in either direction with Josh Manson.
• Mason Marchment is very popular, but Florida tried to keep him. Also popular: David Peron.
• Edmonton resumed conversation with Ebander Kane.
• Ondrej Paratt has several teams around him. I’ve heard of jersey, but once Goddrow gets there, I’m not sure if it will work. Seattle too. Kraken is expected to be difficult after John Klimberg and perhaps veteran centers like Noel Acchari (who also heard the possibility of Toronto and Acchari). Andre Brakovsky also makes a lot of sense for Seattle.
• Carolina, Colorado and Montreal are believed to be interested in Brett Clark
• I also heard that San Jose, in addition to Brent Burns, may be running Kevin Labank.
• I guess Andrew Copp to Detroit because I like trying to understand what Steve Yzerman does. There is also the belief that Dylan Larkin’s expansion is heading in a positive direction.
• Ilya Mikeev’s Guess: Washington.
Come to sleep. Wednesday is early.
What’s next for Johnny Godrow?
Source link What’s next for Johnny Godrow?