Fans will be waiting longer than expected for the fourth “Star Trek” movie.
Directed by 2009’s Star Trek and 2013’s Star Trek: Into Darkness, franchise producers J. Zachary Quinto, Karl Urban, Zoe Saldana, John Cho and Simon Pegg respectively. play the role of
“I am thrilled to be working hard on the new Star Trek movies that will be filmed by the end of this year, as they will be exciting and take Star Trek into previously unseen territory. It helps,” Abrams said in a ViacomCBS investor presentation in February.
READ MORE: JJ Abrams Confirms New ‘Star Trek’ Movie Is In The Works, Will Enter Production This Year
At that time, Matt Shackman, known for “Game of Thrones” and “WandaVision”, was the director. But last month he said goodbye to the project. Paramount Pictures said, “Matt Shakman is an incredibly talented filmmaker and we regret that the timing was not right for him to direct the next Star Trek film.” rice field. deadline“We thank him for his many contributions, are excited about the creative vision of this next chapter, and look forward to bringing it to audiences around the world.”
now, deadline Shakman’s resignation has reportedly stalled the project, at least temporarily, and upset Abrams’ prediction that production would start in 2022.
Read more: Chris Hemsworth is down for another ‘Star Trek’ movie
As a result, Paramount removed the film from its schedule of upcoming releases. This indicates that the film will not be released on December 22, 2023, as previously announced.
‘Star Trek’ movie pulled from release schedule after director resigns
Source link ‘Star Trek’ movie pulled from release schedule after director resigns