Canada

Ontario cannabis stores say some orders have started to move after forced shutdown by cyberattack

The Ontario Cannabis Store (OCS) says it has resumed operations at its distribution center after being disrupted by a cyberattack earlier this week.

“The Ontario cannabis store distribution center is in the process of returning to operational status,” the government-run cannabis distributor said on its website late Wednesday afternoon. “A small number of deliveries from our fulfillment center will occur later today, beginning with deliveries of orders impacted during the shutdown.”

OCS learned of a breach at one of its logistics partners on Friday, which forced it to close its Guelph fulfillment center. As of Monday, the order could not be fulfilled.

“We are in the final stages of an investigation, led by a third-party cybersecurity expert, and are in the process of getting our fulfillment center up and running so orders can be returned to our stores,” said David Lobo, CEO of OCS. told CP24 in an interview Wednesday afternoon.

A small number of orders will be shipped Wednesday night, Lobo said, and OCS staff will work “24/7” to ensure the remaining orders are shipped as soon as possible over the next few days.

“We know how dependent our retail partners are on this product,” says Lobo. “We are very sorry that they felt this distribution and may not have had the products they needed to provide the service they ultimately want consumers to end up with, so get them out as soon as possible. I am going to get it.”

OCS is the sole distributor of recreational cannabis products in Ontario. This means that all stores legally operating in the state must obtain inventory from OCS.

Acknowledging that some stores are running out of products due to issues with the OCS distribution center, he said, to support the stores and let customers know they can buy as they continue the transition, We said more work needed to be done. from the illegal market.

“That work isn’t done. I think we’ve made a lot of progress with retailers and the many exciting products that have launched in the last few months,” said Lobo. “But I definitely think there is work that needs to be done to support our retailers so that we can bounce back from this situation in the coming weeks or months. It takes a lot more work to not only keep customers, but keep them.”

So far, no customer information or OCS systems appear to have been affected by the breach, according to Lobo. However, he said such situations require a “thorough investigation” to ensure that consumer data is protected.



Ontario cannabis stores say some orders have started to move after forced shutdown by cyberattack

Source link Ontario cannabis stores say some orders have started to move after forced shutdown by cyberattack

Related Articles

Back to top button