Vaughan, Ontario, March 8, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Martinrea International Inc. (TSX: MRE) is engaged in the design, development and manufacture of highly designed, value-added lightweight structures and propulsion systems. Is a global automotive supplier. Announced the release of the 2021 Sustainability Report. It focuses on the company’s annual performance on environmental, social and governance issues, as well as its ongoing initiatives and goals.
“In the face of recent challenges, our team has made great strides towards our sustainability goals,” said Pat D’Eramo, President and Chief Executive Officer. “We continue to strive to promote a better future through sustainable business practices that create long-term value for all stakeholders. Our achievements last year were for all. I am proud of the result of all our efforts. “
The results and highlights of the 2021 Sustainability Report are as follows:
- The company-wide total frequency of recordable injuries (TRIF) has been reduced from 8.48 in 2014 to 1.37 in 2021, demonstrating Martinrea as the industry leader in safety.
- Increased sales penetration on electric vehicle platforms. Currently, 8% of Martinrea’s business books are specific to the “electric platform”, which is expected to grow to about 40% by 2026.
- We implemented our greenhouse gas (GHG) emission reduction target for 2022 and supported our long-term strategy for net zero carbon.
- Investing in partnerships and strategies to develop electric vehicle (EV) batteries reinforced with advanced materials such as graphene, providing opportunities to improve cycle life and charge time and reduce overall product GHG emissions I did.
- We have developed an energy tracking database platform that can be used globally at all plants to track and monitor energy usage. With this, Martinrea prepares for future success in reducing energy usage and contributes to reducing overall carbon dioxide emissions.
- Approximately 35% of our global electricity usage comes from renewable energy (solar, wind, hydro) via the utility grid. Our sustainability strategy involves continuing our efforts to increase the level of renewable energy use.
- By adopting the SmartWay Certified Carriers program in 2021, Martinrea was able to reduce total travel distance on planned routes by more than 134,000 miles, improve efficiency and fuel economy, and reduce Scope 3 emissions.
Executive Chairman Rob Wildboa said: “Our vision at Martinrea is to’make people’s lives better’, and the progress of the Sustainability Initiative outlined in the 2021 Sustainability Report demonstrates our commitment to that vision. “
To view or download Martinrea’s 2021 Sustainability Report, visit:
Martinrea International Inc.about
Martinrea International Inc. (TSX: MRE) is a leader in the development and manufacture of high quality metal parts, assemblies and modules, fluid management systems and complex aluminum products, primarily focused on the automotive sector. Martinrea has 57 operations in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, Slovakia, Spain, China, South Africa and Japan. Martin Rhea’s vision is to improve our lives by becoming the best supplier we can in the products we make and the services we provide. For more information on Martinrea, please visit www.martinrea.com. Follow Martinrea on Twitter and Facebook.
For more information, please contact:
Deanna Lorincz, Global Director of Communications and Marketing
Neil Forster – Director of Investor Public Relations and Corporate Development
CBJ News Maker
Martinrea International Inc. publishes 2021 Sustainability Report, The Canadian Business Journal
Source link Martinrea International Inc. publishes 2021 Sustainability Report, The Canadian Business Journal