After being charged with sexual assault last week, actor Kevin Spacey said he would “appear voluntarily” and protect himself in a British court.
With an exclusive statement to Good morning, AmericaSpacey, 62, said he was “confident” that he could prove his innocence on charges related to four sexual assaults allegedly involving three separate men.
The allegations approved by the British Prosecutor’s Office on Thursday allegedly occurred in London and Gloucestershire between March 2005 and April 2013.
Since one of the three men was allegedly assaulted in London in August 2008, Spacey was also granted an additional fee to “engage a person in sexual activity without consent.” ..
Kevin Spacey asks judge to dismiss Anthony Rapp’s sexual assault proceedings
Since the four accusations have been approved by a British court, Spacey can only formally file an accusation upon re-entry and arrest in England or Wales.The former is currently unknown, according to the Washington Post Louge on the sand The actor is handed over to the country.
Rosemary Ainsley, head of Crown’s special crime department, said he was charged after the public prosecutor’s office reviewed Spacey’s case for a year. The Metropolitan Police Department has already investigated and collected evidence, and the actor was cross-examined by British police in 2019.
Proponents of gun control praise the freeze on Ottawa’s pistols, but some owners are angry
Six teens shot in 13 U.S. shootings in Tennessee over the weekend
“The public prosecutor’s office reminds all parties that criminal proceedings against Spacey are active and that he has the right to a fair trial,” Ainsley said.
Through a spokesperson, Spacey made the following statement:
“I am very grateful to the public prosecutor’s office statement that carefully reminded the media and the general public that I am entitled to a fair trial and not guilty until it proves otherwise. I am very grateful for them. I am disappointed with the decision to do so, but I will voluntarily appear in the UK as soon as arrangements are available to protect myself from these accusations. I am confident that this will prove my innocence. “
Kevin Spacey ordered to pay $ 31 million for the loss of the “House of Cards”
The two-Academy Award-winning actor first faced allegations of sexual assault in 2017 when actor Anthony Rapp accused Rapp of assaulting Spacey at a party in the 1980s when he was 14 years old. ..
At the time of the first allegation, Spacey responded on Twitter, claiming he couldn’t remember Rap’s case, but still apologized.
In 2020, Lap filed a civil sexual assault proceeding against Spacey. Spacey asked the judge to dismiss the proceedings in April, but the proceedings are still underway.
The British accusation was announced Thursday as Spacey had testified in a New York City court in a civil lawsuit filed by Lap. Spacey did not respond to the reporter when he left the courthouse talking on his cell phone.
Another criminal case against Spacey, which arose from suspicion of groping for an 18-year-old man at a resort in Nantucket, was dismissed in 2019 by a Massachusetts prosecutor.
— Using Global News Kathryn Mannie files
© 2022 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.
Kevin Spacey “voluntarily appears” in British court on suspicion of sexual assault-nationwide
Source link Kevin Spacey “voluntarily appears” in British court on suspicion of sexual assault-nationwide