Canada

Infant expected to recover after ingesting potentially toxic drug at home in Kelowna

A police vehicle is seen outside a Lynrick Road home on the morning of August 25. (contribution)

Infant expected to recover after ingesting potentially toxic drug at home in Kelowna

RCMP and emergency services called at 2:40pm Wednesday (24th August)

The Kelowna RCMP and BC Emergency Services responded to the unconscious 1-year-old case on Wednesday afternoon (24 August).

When the RCMP arrived at Block 1600 of Lynrick Road, they found a family performing CPR on an infant on the hood of their car. A family member told police the infant may have ingested an unknown substance.

One-year-olds were given Narcan on site and responded positively. They are still being taken to the hospital for further treatment and are expected to make a full recovery.

The Department of Children and Family Development is looking after the child for now.

The RCMP Vulnerable Persons Unit has the file open and the investigation is still ongoing. Child Advocacy Centers also play a major role in the investigation.

Cst. Mike Della Paorella said this again demonstrates the need for more support for people struggling with substance abuse.

“We at the RCMP are grateful for the actions of family members and all first responders who saved the life of this child.”


@cunninghamjordy
jordy.cunningham@kelownacapnews.com
Like and follow us on Facebook twitter.

Babysitter Bulletin Kelowna


Sign up for a free account today and receive the top headlines in your inbox Monday through Saturday.








Infant expected to recover after ingesting potentially toxic drug at home in Kelowna

Source link Infant expected to recover after ingesting potentially toxic drug at home in Kelowna

Related Articles

Back to top button