Sports

Flames’ Dube cooperates ‘as much as possible’ with 2018 Hockey Canada survey

Editor’s Note: The next story deals with sexual assault, which may be painful for some readers.

If you or someone you know needs support, those in Canada can find province-specific centers, crisis lines and services hereFor American readers, you can find a list of resources and references for survivors and their loved ones here.

Calgary Flames forward Dillon Dube is a member of the 2018 World Junior Hockey Canada Team and participated in the Hockey Canada Group’s investigation into allegations of sexual assault in London, Ontario in June 2018. Said there was

“We have worked together as much as possible and will continue to work together,” Dube, who captained the team in 2018, told Sportsnet’s Eric Francis.

In this case, a woman was accused of being sexually assaulted by eight Canadian Hockey League players, including members of the 2018 World Junior Team, after a Hockey Canada celebration.

Hockey Canada settled a lawsuit filed in London on April 20 by a woman in May.

Dube’s agent, Dave Cowan, told the Toronto Star over the summer that his client “was not involved in any wrongdoing and cooperated fully with the independent London police investigation in 2018.”

Hockey Canada is subject to rigorous scrutiny in its handling of cases and litigation. The organization initially did not force players to participate in independent investigations and used national equity funds drawn from registration fees to pay settlements related to sexual assaults.

Since then, the federal government has frozen funding for Hockey Canada, and the organization has lost funding from several sponsors.

Hockey Canada has reopened its investigation into the 2018 incident, along with London Police. The NHL is also conducting its own investigation.

NHL Deputy Commissioner Billy Daly said last month that the investigation was “ongoing” and that the league would do a “thorough and comprehensive job”. He said he was cooperating.

Hockey Canada executives are expected to attend their third congressional hearing with the Canadian Heritage Board on Oct. 4.

Flames’ Dube cooperates ‘as much as possible’ with 2018 Hockey Canada survey

Source link Flames’ Dube cooperates ‘as much as possible’ with 2018 Hockey Canada survey

Related Articles

Back to top button