Edmonton, February 25, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The doubling of investment attraction by pandemics has led to the influx of billions of dollars in private investment into Alberta across agriculture, energy, technology and financial services.
With reductions in bureaucratic formalism, regulatory reforms, a highly skilled workforce and competitive tax rates, Invest Alberta has signed 27 contracts with investors and announced that it will create more than 5,000 jobs across the state. Has invested a total of $ 19 billion.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) has invested $ 4.3 billion in a new cloud computing hub.
- Indian technology company Mphasis creates 500 to 1000 quantum computing jobs.
- EY Canada has selected Alberta as Canada’s Financial Center of Excellence.
- Air Products is building the world’s largest net-zero hydrogen energy complex in Edmonton.
- Northern Petrochemical is investing in a $ 2.5 billion hydrogen complex in Greenview’s MD.When
- GoodLeaf Farms has expanded to Alberta and is building a new vertical farm in Calgary.
This momentum is expected to continue at the major financial institutions that Alberta predicts will lead the country in economic growth in 2022.
“Invest Alberta has an increasing pipeline of influential and high-value investment opportunities that create jobs in Alberta. The initiative announced in Budget 2022 will close these transactions and attract new ones. In the coming months, we will announce new investments in agricultural processing, hydrogen, aerospace, technology, life sciences and clean energy throughout Alberta. “
- Invest Alberta, CEO, Rick Christiaanse
A human resources development program, reduction of bureaucratic formalism, and the new Hydrogen Center of Excellence announced in Budget 2022 will help strengthen Alberta’s competitiveness in attracting investment.
About Invest Alberta:
Invest Alberta Corporation is dedicated to attracting investment and is committed to engaging with the world and providing high-end customized support for companies, investors and major new projects. Alberta, Canada, has the lowest corporate and sales taxes. Canada’s youngest and most educated workforce and the most livable and affordable city. Invest Alberta is committed to breaking down barriers to enable investors and businesses to launch, scale up and succeed indefinitely.
CBJ News Maker
Budget 2022 prepares Invest Alberta to build on record investment momentum, The Canadian Business Journal
Source link Budget 2022 prepares Invest Alberta to build on record investment momentum, The Canadian Business Journal