20 seconds ago
A few weeks after the warrant was issued, Alec Baldwin finally handed his cell phone to the authorities as part of an investigation into the deadly shooting of his movie “Last.”
ET can confirm that the actor’s cell phone has been handed over to Suffolk County Law Enforcement Authority in New York. They collect information from the phone and provide evidence to the Sheriff’s Office in Santa Fe County. The Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office does not yet physically own the data obtained from Baldwin’s phone, but this is underway.
“Alec voluntarily provided the authorities with a phone call to complete the investigation this morning. But this issue is not about his phone and his phone has no answer. Alec is nothing wrong. “I didn’t do that,” Baldwin’s civil lawyer, Aaron Dier, told NBC News in a statement.
Dier added that while Baldwin had a gun that killed Halyna Hutchins on the “Last” set, the horrific incident wasn’t his fault. “It’s clear that he was told it was a cold weapon and was following the instructions when this tragic accident happened. The real question to answer is how the live round came out on the set in the first place. Did you do that? “
Earlier this week, the Sheriff’s Office in Santa Fe County told ET that he had repeatedly tried to retrieve Baldwin’s phone, but it didn’t help. Authorities said the sheriff’s office sought help from the Santa Fe District Attorney’s Office when Baldwin “did not immediately provide a call in accordance with the first search warrant” approved by the Santa Fe County Judge on December 16. Stated.
The DA office continued the statement, saying, “We have begun working with Mr. Baldwin’s lawyer to collect the phone.” Due to jurisdiction concerns, the sheriff’s office said the district attorney was advised by the DA’s office that “it would facilitate the collection of calls with consent.”
The sheriff’s office further stated on December 20 that the DA office was “in negotiations with Mr. Baldwin’s lawyer to obtain consent to retrieve the phone and its contents.” To date, mobile phones have been handed over to authorities. “
In court documents obtained by ET, authorities called Baldwin’s phone to his email, social media account, deleted content, text messages, internet history, access to cloud drives, contacts, phone numbers, addresses, calls. I wanted to seize it along with the records.
In an affidavit provided with the warrant, Detective Alexandria Hancock said he was looking for Baldwin’s phone with evidence that could help investigators complete a complete investigation. According to the document, Hancock claims that he was told to get a warrant when he asked Baldwin and his lawyer to voluntarily turn the phone over.
Baldwin was the one who fired the prop gun that killed cinematographer Hutchins and injured movie director Joel Souza. After searching Hutchins’ phone, Hancock said he found conversations about productions dating back to July 14 and various business receipts at Santa Fe.
The affidavit also included details of the first interview with the Baldwin detective. Baldwin said in an interview that he and film armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed exchanged emails discussing the type of gun to use. In the email, she showed him a series of guns before he chose the Colt .45 to use for the project.
The December 16 search warrant came just weeks after Baldwin’s first sit-in interview since the deadly October shooting. The 63-year-old actor spoke with George Stephanopoulos of “Good Morning America.” A detailed special pointed out that the ABC anchor refused to pull the prop gun’s trigger and that the ABC anchor was not included in the prop gun’s script. Trigger.
“Well, the trigger wasn’t triggered. I didn’t trigger,” Baldwin said while sitting.
When Stefano Pros declared, “Have you ever triggered?” Baldwin said, “No, no, no. I never point a gun at anyone or pull a trigger.”
Baldwin said he didn’t know how the real bullet was fired. “Someone put a live bullet into the gun. It’s a bullet that shouldn’t be on the premises,” he insisted.
The movie’s armorer, Reed, sued the man who supplied the ammunition, claiming he had mixed live and dummy rounds.
Baldwin later called the incident the worst thing that happened to him. “Looking back, I wonder what I was able to do,” he said with tears.
Investigations into the shootings are ongoing, and in addition to the warrant, proceedings have been filed against Baldwin and others regarding the fatal case.
Details from ET:
“Rusty” armorer sues ammunition supplier claiming he mixed dummy, live rounds
Alec Baldwin attends the first public event since the “Last” tragedy
Alec Baldwin’s wife, Hilaria, says she suffers from PTSD during the “rust” incident.
Alec Baldwin details how the gun disappeared in a deadly “rust” shot
Alec Baldwin hands over his phone to authorities in a “rust” investigation
Source link Alec Baldwin hands over his phone to authorities in a “rust” investigation